[GRASS-user] g.extension (e.g. to install i.landsat.toar)

Nick Jachowski njachowski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:56:48 EDT 2010

Thanks for your help Markus.

I am now trying to use g.extension with GRASS 6.5.svn and GRASS 7.0.svn on
Ubuntu 10.10, however when I start either versions of GRASS and try to open
a new location (using the wxPython gui) I get the following error:

> g.proj: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal1.5.0.so.1: cannot

I searched for libgdal and found that I have libgdal1.6.0.so.1 at
./usr/lib/libgdal1.6.0.so.1

I don't care whether or not I get GRASS working on this OS or even what
version of GRASS I get to work.  I am just interested in the easiest way to
use g.extension to be able to use the i.landsat.toar addon.  Is there a
flavour of linux that is particularly easy to use when it comes to GRASS?
And would you recommend GRASS 6.4.0, 6.5, or 7.0 to get g.extension to
work?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Nick