[GRASS-user] g.extension not working

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 02:44:53 EDT 2010

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Perhaps we need to add some sudo magic...?

will that work with MSys? (does g.extension work at all with standalone
WinGrass?)

addons should really be installed to $GRASS_ADDON_PATH, right? not $GISBASE
(typically that will be read-only if GRASS came from a package; GISBASE is
the default for prefix= currently).

maybe have a test at the start of the script to see if GRASS_ADDON_PATH
exists and if it does use that as the default for prefix= instead of GISBASE? (n.b. $GRASS_ADDON_PATH/ replaces to $GISBASE/bin, not $GISBASE/)

either way, the short term solution seems to be another paragraph in the
help page to explain all this.

Hamish

ps- I suspect 'svn commit' uploaded a bit more than you planned in this one:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/43379