[GRASS-user] Importing a Scanned Map

David Kindem dkindem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 10:50:05 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to import a raster map using r.in.gdal.  The map was
previously georeferenced in Q-GIS.  When I run r.in.gdal, I receive
the message that the projection of dataset does not appear to match
current location.

I used the location parameter to create a new location for the
scanned map.  When I attempted to re-project the map from my new
location into my intended GRASS location, I received the following
error:

Unable to get projection info of input map.

Looking at the projection information, the projection for the scanned
map and for my GRASS location match, with the exception of the
cellhd.proj parameter.  The scanned map's cellhd.proj = 0
(unreferenced/unknown).

I'm not familiar with the function of the cellhd.proj.  Could someone
shed some light on how I might be able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Dave

David Kindem
Grand Haven, MI