[GRASS-user] Two questions re 6.4 and OSX 10.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Sep 17 09:47:01 EDT 2010

--with-proj --with-proj-includes=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/include --with-proj-libs=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/lib --with-proj-share=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Resources/proj

On Sep 17, 2010, at 3:48 AM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> William - I'm not getting as far as "make" yet. At configure, it fails:
>
> Unable to locate External PROJ.4 includes.
>
> This, even if I use:
> --with-proj=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Versions/4/Headers/proj_api.h
>
> (I know that PROJ.4 is installed, I'm using 6.4.0-RC4 with no worries!)
>
> Richard
>
> On 14/09/10 9:06 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> If you mean, install 6.4.0 without overwriting 6.4 RCs:
>>
>> After you "make", don't "make install".  Instead "make bindist".  After it creates the Mac installer package, it leaves a full copy in macosx/dist (the staging area for creating the installer package), which you can move to whereever you like (or rename it).
>>
>> If you mean, install GRASS 6.4.x without overwriting 6.3, then that's not a problem since the applications are named with the major.minor version.
>>

>> Note that existing builds of Qgis.app will still use the older GRASS install, because of library linking, and setting the GRASS_GIS_BASE in Qgis to try to make it use the newer GRASS will only cause trouble.  Qgis must be rebuilt to use the newer GRASS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect