[GRASS-user] QGIS GRASS plugin shadedrelief issue

nunosousa84 nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:03:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

Im new to the forum and to GIS (both GRASS and QGIS). Im using QGIS GRASS
Plugin. Im having some issues using GRASS shadedrelief functionality. When i
manipulate the values of the altitute of the sun above the horizon (in
degrees) i catch some black spots/dots in the final result. This maybe
normal since we are working with different altitudes so shadow projections
vary and some areas might be out of reach? Anyway if you could help me with
this (try to diminish the problem or try another method) i would apreciate.
Here are 3 examples:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5547443/shaded30270.jpeg
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5547443/shaded50270.jpeg
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5547443/shaded80270.jpeg