[GRASS-user] lots of "The application failed to initialize properly" in 6.4.0 on Windows

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Mon Sep 20 16:14:02 EDT 2010

W dniu 14.09.2010 15:46, Maciej Sieczka pisze:
> W dniu 14.09.2010 00:59, Glynn Clements pisze:
>> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>
>>> Ideas, anybody?
>
>> Another possibility is an incompatible version of one of the
>> (many) libraries which GDAL uses. Do the GDAL utilities (gdalinfo
>> etc) work?
>
> They don't. Same error.

Dependency Walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/ says:

---
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\program
files\grass-64\extralib\LIBPQ.DLL" contains errors. This application has
failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.

[ ? ] MSVCR80.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file
specified (2).
[D? ] IESHIMS.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file
specified (2).
[D? ] WER.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file
specified (2).
---

Full output attached (g.region.txt.bz2).

I found a copy of MSVCR80.DLL in
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_0de06acd
and copied it to C:\WINDOWS\system. This got rid of that one missing
dependency, still the other two remain.

And there is no trace of them on my system.

By google they seem to be related to some MS Movie Maker issue (I
haven't tried searching hard I admit). Time to reinstall Windows :)?

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
http://www.sieczka.org