[GRASS-user] Re: Import question

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 21:47:15 EDT 2010

Hermann wrote:
> >> By the way: is there a convenient overview of
> >> raster modules that do NOT respect the current region?
> I guess that r.reclass could also be added into the first group.

The fundamental and fantastic thing to realize about r.reclass is that is
doesn't actually write a new map, it creates a virtual map based on classes
of the original. It acts as a seamless filter between you and the data.
With a bit of imagination it can be an extraordinarily effective tool,
which after many years of using GRASS I think I'm only beginning to tap.

regards,
Hamish