[GRASS-user] Re: QGIS GRASS plugin shadedrelief issue

nunosousa84 nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 04:18:31 EDT 2010

Thank you Maris. Well i was able to recover it yesterday. I will put here the
error it gave me than the v.build solution. I have posted this in QGIS
forum:

""This is what it gives back:

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'QgsGrass::Exception'
what(): Unable to open vector map <cntouca_grassvector at relevo> on level 2.
Try to rebuild vector topology by v.build.
Aborted """

Then i runed v.rebuild:

""So i tried v.build:

Coor files of vector map <cntouca_grassvector at relevo> is larger than it
should be (551 bytes excess)

Building topology for vector map <cntouca_grassvector>...

Registering primitives...

540 primitives registered
Number of boundaries: 1

Number of centroids: 0
Building topology for vector map <cntouca_grassvectorrebuild2>...

Number of centroids: 0

Number of areas: 0

Number of isles: 0

Number of incorrect boundaries: 1

Number of primitives: 1

Number of points: 0

Number of lines: 0

Number of boundaries: 1

0 areas built

0 isles built

Attaching islands...

Attaching centroids...

Number of nodes: 2

Registering primitives...

1 primitives registered

2 vertices registered

Building areas...

Number of areas: 0

Number of isles: 0

Number of incorrect boundaries: 1

23243 vertices registered

Building areas...

0 areas built

0 isles built

Attaching islands...

Attaching centroids...

Number of nodes: 692

Number of primitives: 540

Number of points: 19

Number of lines: 520

So apparently the layer is back again and working, for now :-). It seems the
file (coor) has a storing limit capacity that was surpassed (makes some
sense cause it happened just when i was adding a vector point)? By the way i
notice one think. When trying to open the recovered grass vector layer it
seems he automatically devided it in two (one for the lines and one for the
points). Well the problem is how am i gona edit a line/point layer (to solve
those flat top surfaces)? I could use lines too but the effects would be
similar (flat surfaces but smaller). Im afraid i will have to try your
suggestion Sab (v.digit). I will see it tomorrow morning. For now thank you.

Regards
Nuno""

So aparently im stuck to how iam i gona be able to make a point/line layer.