[GRASS-user] split polygon

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 10:06:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

This is a very old problem.
IMO, there is no simple solution, becouse the computer cannot guess the shapes and the orientation of the polygons you want.
I've worked with land partitioning with CAD and the solution was to use LISP program that guess many split positions until it gets equal areas.
First you split in two polygons, than in four and so on.

A possible aproach in GRASS is to use a grid with "v.mkgrid".
Other aproache is to have a "model poligon" with the shape and area that you want and use this polygon like a stamp.

I still curious about other solutions, and if someone knows anything else please share.

Regards.

Pablo Torres Carreira