[GRASS-user] Use variables in GUI?

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 23 18:35:31 EDT 2010

  This may be beyond Grass-GIS, but here goes.

I have to generate many output maps (50) and I need transparency - which
means I can't just use d.vect and d.out.file in a script.

But in the outputs, I have to restrict the display to a named area (eg:
state="NSW").

So I'm wondering - is there any way within the GUI - either TCL or
Python - to use a variable within the SQL query?

That way, it may show "state=$variable" in the select window, and I just
need to set the variable, zoom to a region, and produce an output rather
than having to adjust the variable in 50 or so outputs!

Richard