[GRASS-user] Re: Duplication of lines in output of r.profile.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:49:33 EDT 2011

Hamish wrote:
>use the middle mouse button with d.where to show the line.

Yes, thanks, it helped. Then I can see the line after I digitize it, but the
good thing about r.profile is that you can see it WHILE you are digitizing,
so you can get your bearings better. But that's a minor problem anyway.

>> > I get many duplicated lines, some of which are not exactly duplicated,
>> > but displace the coordinates by a very small distance, affecting also
>> > the distance.

Hamish asked:
>what version of GRASS? what kind of machine/OS?

It's GRASS 6.4.0svn on a Linux Ubuntu 9.10, sorry not to have said it
before.

>how about if you trim off the 3rd,4th columns from what becomes the input
>file?

OK, so I tried this:

r.profile -ig input=map output=map_profile
cat map_profile | cut -d' ' -f1,2 | r.profile -g input=another_map
output=another_map_profile --o

Was that what you meant? I get the same weird results, unfortunately.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Marcello.