[GRASS-user] replacement for d.mon in GRASS 7.0?

alonso alonsarp at um.es
Tue Apr 12 06:53:59 EDT 2011

I'm trying to use  ximgview for the first time but when I use this code:

export GRASS_PNGFILE=map.bmp
d.erase
ximgview map.bmp &
d.rast mde
d.vect countries type=boundary
export GRASS_PNG_MAPPED=TRUE

d.vect erases the mde raster map (the same with type=centroids). It
draws what it is supposed to draw but erasing (covering?) the previous
layer.

I made a mistake or is ximgview just for simple stuff?

Is there any possibility of keeping d.mon in grass 7.0 to support old
scripts?

Thanks