[GRASS-user] Error with GRASS 6.4.1 on CentOS 5

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:43:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/4/13 Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>:
>    ignoredDelimiter = ignoredDelimiter if ignoredDelimiter is not None else ''

[...]

> On CentOS 5 (and RHEL 5 and Scientific Linux 5), the python version is 2.4.3.
> We use wxPython from the EPEL repository (version 2.8.11).

python 2.4 doesn't support these kind of statements, it can be fixed by

if if ignoredDelimiter is None:
    ignoredDelimiter = ''

done in r45959

There is important question: shouldn't we change requirement from
python 2.4 to python 2.5 [1]. Beside reported issue, python 2.5 comes
with ctypes included. I would personally vote to change requirement
for GRASS 6.4.2 to python 2.5 (released in Sep 2006).

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/REQUIREMENTS.html