[GRASS-user] river profile, how to

ambijat ambijat at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:18:35 EDT 2011

Hi All,
I wish to develop a river profile from start point to its last. The
GRASS 6.4.1 has a tool profile analysis, which is a bit crude. If I take
two points, eg. river head and its last point then it gives a profile,
but it is a direct and not along the course of the river. And, if I
create a series of point all along the course, then certainly not the
best values are there as selection process is very tedious. So, is there
a method which would automatically take the raster values of the river
course seen as a line and give a simple fine river profile.

Thanks

Ambrish Dhaka