[GRASS-user] assign heigght value to pixel(x,y)

Sylvain Maillard sylvain.maillard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:56:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

i'm not sure that the raster way is the easiest, the tools are not really
usable for what you want to do ...

you better have to make a new vector layer with a "height" attribute, then
display it over your raster and edit the vector layer by drawing
polygon/point with the height as attibute. Once ended, you will have to
convert the vector to raster (v.to.rast) using the attribute "height" as
raster value.
I think it's the easiest way as you will be able to store the same height
for many consecutive pixel without having to edit each one, and you will
also be able to easily change the height if your first try is not good
enought ;)

cheers,

Sylvain