[GRASS-user] how to only fill small sinks with r.fill.dir

Bryan Keith bkeith at itascadenver.com
Mon Apr 18 16:49:24 EDT 2011

Hello,

Is there a way to only fill sinks in a DEM if they are smaller than a
certain tolerance?  I have a couple areas of internal drainage that
really are correct (and quite large), and I have a quite few small
sinks that are incorrect and artifacts of the interpolation.  Any
ideas how to this?  r.fill.dir attempt to fill all the sinks.

I'm trying to improve the results from r.flow  Too many tracks end in
small holes where I'd like them to continue downstream.  Thanks.

Bryan