[GRASS-user] Re: how to only fill small sinks with r.fill.dir

Saber razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 12:31:24 EDT 2011

Sorry...I thought the sinks are as null values.
Ignore my previous email.
I can't think of anything apart from improving your DEM to get rid of the
artifacts.
One way will be to get the initial result from the r.fill.dir. Identify
the areas where the depth is more than say 10 metre (r.nulls
map=initial_result setnull 0-9.99)

You can then add the new depth raster to the DEM to create the "filled
hole". (first r.mask to match initial_result and then r.mapcalc
filled_holes=initial_result+DEM)
Then remove the mast and r.patch
r.patch input=filled_holes,DEM output=patched_DEM

You can then use the patched_DEM for r.fill.dir

Hope that helps.