SV: [GRASS-user] Some questions about d.vect and d.rast

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Fri Apr 29 03:45:42 EDT 2011

My way of using d.vect and d.rast in a python script is by first setting some variables and then using d.mon with the png driver:

os.putenv(GRASS_PNGFILE,'%s/%s.png' % (dirname,filename))
os.putenv(.....

grass.run_command('d.mon', start='PNG')
grass.run_command('d.rast',....
grass.run_command('d.vect',...
grass.run_command('d.mon', stop='PNG')

#If you want to display your map right away you could end your script with something like:

os.system(eog '%s/%s.png' % ((dirname,filename))    #linux eyes of gnome (eog)

Hope this helps.

Martin