[GRASS-user] NVIZ - problem display 3D polygon (v.extrude polygons)

DelphineJB del_cadarn at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:24:08 EDT 2011

Bonjour,

I do apologise for this problem it must have been posted before but I
couldn't get an answer in the archive.

I am having problems to see vectors I have added height to with v.extrude .
The trick is that I am actually using the e.g. given in NETELER, M and H.
MITASOVA /Open Source GIS a GRASS GIS Approach/ with the North Carolina
sample data. So in theory, this example should really be working...

Here is what I did

g.region rast=el_D792_6m -p

v.extract P079215 out=bldg_resid_a where="layer='BLDG_RESID_BL'"
v.extract P079215 out=bldg_cmcl_a where="layer='BLDG_COMMER_BL'"

v.extrude -t bldg_resid_a out=bldg_resid_a_3d height=10 elev=el_D792_6m
v.extrude -t bldg_cmcl_a out=bldg_cmcl_a_3d height=15 elev=el_D792_6m

g.region rural_1m -p
nviz elev_lid792_1m col=ortho_2001_t792_1m
vect=bldg_resid_a_3d,bldg_cmcl_a_3d

I am using Grass 6.4.1 with the python GUI on Windows 7

Now the infamous result is just some line on what should be the height of
the building, like if NVIZ read it as lines rather than 3D surface...

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6660339/problemextrude.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I've been after also trying to
play around with the v.extrude features, but nothing works...

Thank you for your help, I'm very new to GIS and Open Source, and I must
admit hitting constantly difficulties is punching my enthusiasm...

                                          Delphine

-----
And a happy non-birthday to you, said the Mad Hatter