[GRASS-user] Error in installation of grass64 using cygwin.

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Fri Aug 12 11:40:40 EDT 2011

Out of curiosity, why are you using cygwin instead of the native windows version of GRASS?

Michael Barton
School of Human Evolution &Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

...Sent from my iPad

On Aug 12, 2011, at 2:55 AM, "grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>" <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>> wrote:

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:06:36 +0530
From: Sandip Maity <<mailto:sandip.stesalit at gmail.com>sandip.stesalit at gmail.com<mailto:sandip.stesalit at gmail.com>>
Subject: [GRASS-user] Error in installation of grass64 using cygwin.
To: <mailto:grass-user at lists.osgeo.org> grass-user at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>, <mailto:grass at ces.iisc.ernet.in> grass at ces.iisc.ernet.in<mailto:grass at ces.iisc.ernet.in>

Dear all,

I am getting an error "child process excited abnormaly" in time of grass64
source compilation using cygwin.

what is the problem and what is the sollution. please suggest me.

thanks to all.

Sandip