[GRASS-user] Mac Pathon 64 Bit

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 12 12:37:13 EDT 2011

wxPython could be considered the only GUI option - there is the TclTk GUI still in GRASS 6.4, but I don't think it's kept up to date now, and it is not in GRASS 7.

Is there a reason for using your custom /opt/local Python for GRASS?  I don't think the older system Python 2.6 version is a problem for the GUI.

If you are using the /opt/local Python unintentionally, probably what is happening is that it (or MacPorts) added something to your shell init (.bash_profile) to add /opt/local/bin to your PATH.  GRASS then picks this up and uses the Python it finds there.  You can get around this by adding a line to your .bash_profile:

export GRASS_PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.6

On Aug 12, 2011, at 11:20 AM, wagner wrote:

> Is this the only possibility to use a GUI an OS X?
>

> Am 12.08.2011 um 18:05 schrieb William Kyngesburye:
>
>> It won't work 64bit - wxPython 2.8 (included in the GRASS package) can't be built 64bit on OS X.
>>
>> On Aug 12, 2011, at 9:02 AM, wagner wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I tried to install GRASS with GUI on my Mac with Mac OS 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) 64 Bit, but I always got the following message while starting:
>>>
>>> arch: posix_spawnp: /opt/local/bin/pythonw2.6: Bad CPU type in executable
>>>
>>> I loaded it from http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/grass and as well all the required packages.
>>>
>>> I hope that anyone has a solution for that.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect