[GRASS-user] v.net.path problem (not the shortest route)

Jorge de Jesus jmdj at pml.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 05:16:38 EDT 2011

 Hi to all

I've a question concerning v.net.path. I am probably missing something
obvious :-[

In the v.net.path example that I've posted yesterday
(http://rsg.pml.ac.uk/wps/example/index.html), if we put the car over
madrid and the destination in the node below Santa Maria (below Porto
city), the v.net.path uses a different route going thru Vigo. Therefore
picking a route that isnt the shortest.

A screenshot of the problem can be seen here: http://derp.co.uk/6de36

Basically it seems that v.net.path starts to pick the shortest path from
the 1st node to the 2nd node independently of the total route length
(therefore not checking if it is actually the shortest total path).

Any comments and suggestions ?!

Jorge

Plymouth Marine Laboratory

Registered Office:
Prospect Place
The Hoe
Plymouth  PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Click here for PML Annual Review
Registered Charity No. 1091222
PML is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England & Wales
company number 4178503

Please think before you print

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way. Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.