[GRASS-user] v.net.path problem (not the shortest route)

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:29:55 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Jorge de Jesus <jmdj at pml.ac.uk> wrote:
>  Hi to all
>
> I've a question concerning v.net.path. I am probably missing something
> obvious :-[
>
> In the v.net.path example that I've posted yesterday
> (http://rsg.pml.ac.uk/wps/example/index.html), if we put the car over
> madrid and the destination in the node below Santa Maria (below Porto
> city), the v.net.path uses a different route going thru Vigo. Therefore
> picking a route that isnt the shortest.

There were problems with the v.net.* modules in GRASS 6.4.0, maybe
also in 6.4.1. The v.net.* modules should be working correctly in
6.4.2, 6.5, and 7. Just in case you're using an older version of
GRASS.

Can you post 1) the full v.net command used to prepare the network, 2)
the output of v.net op=report, 3) the full v.net.path command? This
information should help to track down the problem.

Markus M