[GRASS-user] GRASS won't start

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Fri Aug 26 06:39:24 EDT 2011

Hi there,

Is anybody else having this problem? I've got it on two computers. I'm
running GRASS 6.4 on OpenSUSE and when I try to start GRASS, absolutely
nothing happens. Nothing at all, no error message. I tried uninstalling and
then reinstalling GRASS, didn't help. Then I tried installing GRASS 7, which
did work, but for some reason it kept on trying to connect to a database
that I have on my computer and don't want to run at the moment... After
deinstalling GRASS 7 and reinstalling GRASS 6.4 I get this very strange
behavior:

lee at pc19453:~> grass
bash: /usr/bin/grass: No such file or directory
lee at pc19453:~> grass64
lee at pc19453:~>

It happens every time. grass64 doesn't seem like it even tries to load, the
command line pops up instantly after I hit enter.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I know it's really strange...
Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Deutschhausstr. 10
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269
E-Mail: Lee at isi-solutions.org
Web: http://www.isi-solutions.org

ISIS wird gefördert durch die Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Zuwendungsgeber:
Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie aufgrund eines Beschlusses
des Deutchen Bundestages, sowie durch die Europäische Union,
Zuwendungsgeber: Europäischer Sozialfonds.
Zusätzliche Unterstützung erhält ISIS von dem Entrepreneurship Cluster
Mittelhessen, der Universität Marburg, dem Laboratory for Climatology and
Remote Sensing und dem GIS-Lab Marburg.