[GRASS-user] GRASS windows cmd run issue

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:26:16 EDT 2011

Hello,
no idea where the problem could be.
Here are some steps to try to get more information:
1) right click one of launcher icons and find out GRASS location;
2) run cmd.exe
3) cd to GRASS installation directory
4) type in GRASS startup script name (see step 1)
5) google for error message
6) fiddle around more
7) install GRASS nightly from http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass64/
8) fall into despair as nothing works
9) remove Windows and replace it with GNU/Linux
10) just to find out that YOURDISTROCHOICE packages are broken
11) go to nearest bar to take a few shots of whiskey - only thing that works.

Just follow those steps as long as You want to. You can stop after 5th
one and return to ML too.
Maris.