[GRASS-user] Re: Import/conversion problem
sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 09:38:46 EST 2011
Glad you found a fix. I'll have to remember this in case I have to venture north into MI.
It would be interesting to import the tifg into a new location in GRASS letting the image set the projection, and then reproject it from there into your project location with r.proj. But I guess since it's a an issue with PROJ that you'd probably run into the same problem.
On Feb 11, 2011, at 5:40 PM, Adam Dershowitz, Ph.D., P.E. wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2011, at 9:23 AM, Adam Dershowitz, Ph.D., P.E. wrote:
>> I am trying to import some data in GRASS and have run into a problem. I hope someone can give me a little insight to help out.
>> I downloaded some aerial imagery from here:
>> I want to import it into a UTM zone 17 project. So I did the following:
>> gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=17 +datum=WGS84' input.sid output_utm.sid
> I googled around some and it looks like this is actually an issue with the Michigan projection in Proj4.
> I found this link:
> And this seems to give reasonable results, based on the above:
> gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=17 +datum=WGS84' -s_srs '+proj=omerc +lat_0=45.309166667 +lonc=-86.0 +alpha=337.255555556 +k=0.9996 +x_0=499839.8337 +y_0=528600.2398 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m' oakgrove_sw.sid oakgrove_sw_utm.tifg
> Then it imports into grass fine. So, it seems like something is broken with that projection.
> grass-user mailing list
> grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the grass-user