[GRASS-user] i.cluster not working in GRASS 7

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Thu Feb 17 13:49:08 EST 2011

Hi - I would like to do an unsupervised classification using i.cluster
from GRASS 7 on my Ubuntu 64-bit machine. When I run i.cluster then
i.maxlik on a Landsat image I only get one output class, the entire
image. Only one class appears in the signature file so the problem is
with the i.cluster step. I tried running i.cluster on different images
and always get just one class.

Here is the command line I'm using:
i.cluster group=TM_r15c33 at PERMANENT subgroup=AllBands
signaturefile=IsoDataSigs2 classes=20 sample=5,5 convergence=99.9
min_size=10000

Is anyone able to get i.cluster to work properly? It would be helpful to
know if it's a user problem or a bug.

All the best,

Ned