[GRASS-user] Python-Loop over points

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri Feb 18 08:49:14 EST 2011

Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 22:25:31 -0200
> Von: Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria at gmail.com>
> An: Johannes Radinger <JRadinger at gmx.at>
> CC: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
> Betreff: Re: [GRASS-user] Python-Loop over points

> Hi Johannes,
>
> You will need to use for loop. Something like this (UNTESTED!)
>
> for p in range(5):
>     points_map = "point"+str(p)
>     out_map = "output"+str(p)
>     grass.run_command("r.streams.basins", dir = "flow_direction,
> points=points_map, basins = out_map)
>
> That should work, or at least something similar
>
> Daniel

Thank you for your suggestions Daniel, I also thought about
a for loop. But in your case the loop is using for each iteration
a input-pointmap called "point"+str(p).

 The difference in my
case is that I've got only one vector map but with several points
in it and I want to iterate over the single points.
How is it possible to iterate over the single points? The points are
stored in a kind of list format, so it should somehow be possible to
loop over this file, but how?

any suggestions?

 /johannes