[GRASS-user] using r.in.gdal to import dted raster in a grass location

rabotin rabotin at supagro.inra.fr
Tue Feb 22 05:34:30 EST 2011

Dear all,
I download a free dted file from http://data.geocomm.com for a Kenyan study
I need to import this data in grass and i try to use the r.in.gdal
command but I fail because I don't know how to implement the command
I try something like this :
r.in.gdal input=/home/rabotin/.../DTED_E30S0  output=test location=test
but i had the following error
ERROR 4: `/home/rabotin/.../DTED_E30S0' not recognised as a supported
file format.
In DTED_E30S0  folder, I have the following subfolders and files :
  - dted
         - e030
             - n00.avg
             - n00.dto
             - n00.max
             - n00.min
             - ....
         - ...
         - e039
  - text
     - onc.dir
- dmed

Is anyone can explain to me what is the correct syntax for importing
dted format with r.in.gdal command ?

Thanks a lot

Michael Rabotin

--
*********************************

Michaël Rabotin
Ingénieur d'étude en géomatique / GIS Engineer

Laboratoire d'étude des Interactions Sol, Agrosystème et Hydrosystème

UMR LISAH Montpellier SupAgro-INRA-IRD
Bat. 24
2 place Viala
34060 Montpellier cedex 1
FRANCE

Laboratory Interactions between Soils, Agrosystems and Hydrosystems (LISAH)
Multi-Institute Research Unit (UMR)
French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
French Institute for Research and Overseas Development (IRD)
International Center for Higher Education in Agricultural Sciences (Montpellier SupAgro)

Téléphone / Phone number :  33 (0)4 99 61 23 85
Secrétariat / Secretariat : 33 (0)4 99 61 22 61
Fax : 33 (0)4 67 63 26 14
E-mail : rabotin at supagro.inra.fr
Site web / website: http://www.umr-lisah.fr/
Site web OpenFLUID / OpenFLUID website: http://www.umr-lisah.fr/openfluid/