[GRASS-user] Re: import more kml from directory

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Feb 24 01:30:47 EST 2011

On 23/02/2011 07:19, Markus Metz wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Micha Silver<micha at arava.co.il>  wrote:
>> On 02/22/2011 06:10 PM, Gabriele N. wrote:
>>
>>> Ciao Hamish and thanks.
>>>   It works.... ok :)
>>>
>>> But I have also tried with my small script (attached) that does not work
>>> and
>>> I did not understand why. Maybe, if you want, you can watch it.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>>

>>> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6052924/v.import_kml.sh
>>> v.import_km
>> I think I can see two problems with the script:
>> First, the dsn= parameter should be the full kml file name, i.e. ${i} as you
>> have set up the loop, and not the just the basename  ${cartella}.
>> Second, I think that the layer= option is not necessary. And you surely
>> should not set it to the output name $nome. The layer= option takes a number
>> (i.e. the number of the layer).
> For pretty much all other vector modules, the layer option takes a
> number and refers to a GRASS vector layer number. For v.in.ogr, the
> layer option is the name, not the number, of an OGR layer. OGR layer
> names available in a given dsn are printed with v.in.ogr -l. BTW, one
> single kml file can contain several layers.

Ooops, sorry for misleading, and thanks, Markus, for catching
that.

(BTW, will the term "layer" be changing its meaning in GRASS
7?? There was much discussion on this some time ago, and
alternative names were suggested for the database connection
concept that "layer" was meant to refer to)

> Markus M

Micha Silver
http://www.surfaces.co.il/
Arava Development Co.  +972-52-3665918