[GRASS-user] Re: import more kml from directory

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 00:19:37 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 06:10 PM, Gabriele N. wrote:
>
>> Ciao Hamish and thanks.
>>  It works.... ok :)
>>
>> But I have also tried with my small script (attached) that does not work
>> and
>> I did not understand why. Maybe, if you want, you can watch it.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

>> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6052924/v.import_kml.sh
>> v.import_km
>
> I think I can see two problems with the script:
> First, the dsn= parameter should be the full kml file name, i.e. ${i} as you
> have set up the loop, and not the just the basename  ${cartella}.
> Second, I think that the layer= option is not necessary. And you surely
> should not set it to the output name $nome. The layer= option takes a number
> (i.e. the number of the layer).

For pretty much all other vector modules, the layer option takes a
number and refers to a GRASS vector layer number. For v.in.ogr, the
layer option is the name, not the number, of an OGR layer. OGR layer
names available in a given dsn are printed with v.in.ogr -l. BTW, one
single kml file can contain several layers.

Markus M