[GRASS-user] Problems Importing .shp Files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 25 12:36:47 EST 2011

   Running the latest svn update for 6.5 on Slackware-13.1/32-bit.

   Issue 1: In the GUI I select File -> Import vector data -> Common import
formats (the only one calling v.in.shp). When I navigate to the proper
directory, no .shp files are displayed; I need to manually enter the file
name.

   Issue 2: No polygons are converted and imported into grass. See attached
screenshot as I cannot copy the text out of that window to paste in this
message. Is this all related to grass no longer finding wxGCDC here? If so,
how do I fix that since it's in wxPython (but not wxGTK)?

Rich