[GRASS-user] Using Access .mdb Files

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Tue Jan 11 16:37:59 EST 2011

I've been trying to crack this one recently too.  Not much success.  mdb-sqlite installs ok and the test case runs fine, but my mdb files seem to cause it to crash with a string of errors.  This behavior is noted by others and I haven't been able to reach the author.  One thing that was quite useful is a little freebie called AccessReaderAndWriter -

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Servers/Database-Utils/Access-Reader-And-Writer.shtml

You need Windows  to run it but at least you can read the mdb file and extract some data manually.  PITA, but there we are.

Stu