[GRASS-user] Error starting WinGrass 6.4.1 RC1

Sharon M morrisxs09 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 20:55:42 EST 2011

Hi,

With the release of WinGrass 6.4.1 RC1 I decided to install. I've been
running WinGrass 6.4.0RC6-1 (March 2010) as it's been the only version
I can get to run on the PC. The PC is a relatively new (July 2010)
installation of WinXP + SP3 and to date, I have been unable to run any
newer versions of WinGrass (6.4.0, 6.4.0 SVN or 7.0 SVN).

I installed the new Grass 6.4.1 RC1. After starting the WinGRASS GUI
using the desktop shortcut, and selecting the demo data set (or any of
the existing data sets) the following error message is displayed...

-----------
Unable to get current geographic extent. Force quitting wxGUI. Please
run manually g.region to fix the problem.

Reason: No module named agw.customtreectrl

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "D:/GIS/GRASS-64/etc/wpython/wxgui.py", line 54, in <module>
  import wx.lib.agw.customtreectrl as CT
Import Error: No module named agw.customtreectrl

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

During the install process, there is a DOS command window opened to do
something - that window closes with a beep, so wonder if something
failed there?

Also, is there a log file created during the install process? or any
way of logging the install process?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon