[GRASS-user] Problems with r.thin and sharp corners

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Thu Jan 27 08:14:14 EST 2011

Hello,

I transformed a river from a polyline into a raster grid of 10x10 m (with v.to.rast). After that I tried to thin the raster-line with r.thin, but there are problems with sharp corners, as now sometimes a cell has three neighbors but should have only 2 for my further calculations.

I attached a screenshot that you can see what I mean.

How can I get that a cell has in a normal case only two neighbors except a tributary of the river is joining the main river (junction). Now the raster looks like a tributary (1 cell long) is joining the main river, but its just an artefact of the corner.

cheers
Johannes