[GRASS-user] problem: boundary lines double

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:35:17 EST 2011

Hello,
looks like Your data are coming from non-topological vector storage
(Shapefile?). Cleanness of data stored in non-topological formats
(i.e. Shapefile) depend on data creation software abilities to produce
cliean-look data and not are enforced by data storage, as it is in
GRASS.

Without seeing more information, my guess would be - You imported
shapefile with areas into GRASS, still they had slivers and thus
feature count has increased. Only way out is to clean data with
v.clean and friends or by hand.

Maris.

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.clean.html