[GRASS-user] replacement for d.mon in GRASS 7.0?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Jan 29 00:36:43 EST 2011

Rainer M Krug wrote:

> I just started using d.mon in combination with d.rast to quickly display
> a layer - but d.mon will be removed in 7.0. I assume there is a
> replacement for it, which I can use in 7.0? I do not assume, that I have
> to use GUI for display.

You can use wxpyimgview[1] to view the images.

[1] or wximgview or ximgview. ximgview is C/Xlib, wximgview is
C++/wxWidgets, wxpyimgview is Python/wxWidgets.

For this, you need:

	export GRASS_PNGFILE=map.bmp
	export GRASS_PNG_MAPPED=TRUE

Optionally:

	export GRASS_NOTIFY='kill -USR1 <pid>'

where <pid> is the PID of the {x,wx,wxpy}imgview process. This allows
you to set percent=0; the display will be redrawn whenever a display
command completes.