[GRASS-user] batch conversion of ESRI to MapInfo

Saber Razmjooei razmjooeis at faunalia.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 04:53:21 EST 2011

Mik

As suggested, better to use ogr2ogr.
if you use linux:
1- Create an empty text file in the folder where your shapefiles are
located
2- Open the text file and copy paste these:

mkdir ./mapinfo
for file in *.shp
do
  ogr2ogr -f "MapInfo File" mapinfo/$file.tab $file
done

3-save the file as convert.sh
4- from the terminal, run convert.sh
	$ cd /PATH/TO/SHAPEFILES/
	$ sh convert.sh
5- all your mapinfo files should appear under mapinfo folder.

Cheers
Sab