[GRASS-user] v.random, X points per category

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Jan 31 10:49:44 EST 2011

Hello,

I've got a rastermap (river-network) with differnent category values
representing the single sections. Now I want to create points, excactly
one point per section. I'd be best if the point is approximately in the
middle of each the raster-line, but a random value would be already okay.
With v.random its possible to set the number of points which should be
created, but is it somehow possible to tell GRASS GIS to create only one
(random) point per raster category?

thanks
Johannes