[GRASS-user] Exporting labels of a raster

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:18:09 EDT 2011

Hi Rainer  (back to ML)

I have a classification procedure that produces land-use/cover maps with
numerical classes between 1 and 5.

> Ok - that seems to be fine.
>

>> Then I want to produce another map, but with text labels for each class.
>

> You have done this with r.reclass

That's right. When I select a pixel I get something like this | coordinateX
| CoordinateY ||1 | URban|

>> And be able to export this raster with its labels.
>
> As a map?
> Because in grass, you can not create a raster with non-numeric values,
> unless they are labels, and the cell values are numeric. If you want to have
> the labels in a legend, that is a different issue. I do not know if any
> export format supports the export of labels as well.

Uhm. If this is not possible, how can I export a raster map with labels in a
legend?

Thank you so much