[GRASS-user] Raster maps not found

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Mon Jul 4 05:31:55 EDT 2011

Interestingly enough, the file doesn't exist in the copied folder. I've
found it on the NAS server and copied it over manually, it seems to have
worked fine. Now I guess I just have to find out why the files didn't copy
properly.  A few folders were missing from the directory cell_misc.

I think you might be right about the file system as well, although I for the
life of me can't find any documentation about what kind of format the NAS
server is using. I assume it's NTFS because it hasn't had any problem with
the large raw files I've put on it. After having dusted off the manual and
skimming through it again I was again unable to figure out what file system
I'm working with, but the server's designed for families and small
companies, so it hardly gives the user any freedom anyway. Kind of sad that
they don't tell you though. The letters are kept in the correct case, so it
won't be FAT. Permissions are also okay.

I've now started copying over the files by hand, but it'll take a while
because they're pretty big rasters. Maybe I'll still have the chance to
report back today, I'm hoping I can test the method I'm working on before
I'm out of town for 10 days.

--
B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Deutschhausstr. 10
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269
E-Mail: Lee at isi-solutions.org
Web: http://www.isi-solutions.org
Am 02.07.2011 22:38 schrieb "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> Daniel Lee wrote:
>
>> I've just moved a lot of data that we're working on onto a NAS server so
>> that two computers could chew up the same data simultaneously. After
moving
>> everything onto the server, I copied the relevant data to the local hard
>> drive of the computer that should be doing the analysis. On the other
>> computer it seems to work fine, although the data was originally produced
on
>> that computer so perhaps that's part of the problem. Anyway, when I try
>> start r.sun for example on the other computer, GRASS complains that it
can't
>> find the data. The error says:
>>
>> Unable to find

'/home/lee/Documents/GRASS_Data/Hayward/StudyAreaTopography/cell_misc/horizon_143/f_format'