[GRASS-user] Export coordinates of 3D line feature into csv format?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:57:31 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:

> **
> On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 11:19 +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>
> Hi
>

>  I would like to export a 3D line feature into a csv format, as in:
>

>  x y z
> 1 2 3
>
>  .
>
>  .
>
>  .
>

>  I am not interested in the attribute tab;e, as I need the coordinates
> incl z.

Hi Micha,

> v.db.addcol <vectormap> col="x double precision, y double precision z
> double predision"
> Then put the values into those columns
> v.to.db <vectormap> option=coor column="x,y,z"
> Now export the attrib table as you did before.

This does unfortunately not work, as I have a line feature and not a point
feature - and I would like to extract the co-ordinates of all vertexes of
each line. I need this data, as I have to do some analysis afterwards for
which I need the z-co-ordinate of each vertex. I could convert the lines to
points, but how do I know which ones belong to which line and in which
order?

Rainer

>  Is this possible? I only managed to export the attribute table so far
> (which I do not need...)
>

>  Cheers,
>

>  Rainer
>

> --
> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology,
> UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)
>
> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> Stellenbosch University
> South Africa
>
> Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
> Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98