[GRASS-user] Ubuntu and Grass - which versions/combinations?

Sharon M morrisxs09 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:39:20 EDT 2011

I currently use winGrass on Win XP - mainly importing shape files, data
loads to dbf, various vector modules for analysis and ps.map.  I experience
a few issues with winGrass, so would like to try Grass on Ubuntu - see if I
can eliminate some Grass issues.  I'd be using Ubuntu installed via wubi
(because it's a win XP laptop).

Does anyone using Ubuntu/Grass have suggestions as to which version(s) of
Ubuntu and versions of Grass are the most stable / reliable combinations?
and importantly easiest to install and set up.

Any links to help for setting up Grass on Ubuntu (or Linux generally) also
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon