[GRASS-user] Using i.rectify and data type

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:10:40 EDT 2011

António Rocha:
> Hello Markus
> Are you sure? Because I have tried i.rectify (1st order, 2nd order and 3rd
> Order) with a CELL image and my output was also CELL.

Yes. The order (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) affects only coordinate
transformation. The resampling method determines how the new cell
value is calculated. This is the difference between the option order
and the option method. BTW, the option method has been introduced only
relatively recently, i.e. is not available in 6.4.1, I think, only
6.4.2.