[GRASS-user] Copying Raster Map from PERMANENT to Project Mapset

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 27 17:49:44 EDT 2011

   As you've read here the past couple of days, it took a bit for me to grok
how to set the project mapset bounds as a subset of the PERMANENT mapset
bounds and use g.copy on each map. They all display nicely in the monitor.

   However, when I use g.copy on the DEM, nothing displays in the monitor
despite the entire 672M file being copied from PERMANENT.

   What I want is only that portion of the DEM within the smaller project
bounds, and I want to be able to see it in the monitor so I can drape
basins, project property, and streams on it. I'm not sure where I went
wrong, so if you have some ideas on possible causes, please let me know.

Rich