[GRASS-user] ARC GRID File Won't Import

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 29 17:10:58 EDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm going to use a different DEM source (this one from the USGS NED). It
> is stored as an arc/info grid file so I thought the appropriate module to
> use is r.in.arc. I'm using the wxPthon GUI, and specifying the hdr.adf, but
> the import fails because required parameters are not found.

   As a follow up, I orginally tried to reproject the existing file in
/home/rshepard/grassdata/Nevada-ll/PERMANENT/ but keep being told that the mapset
PERMANENT does not exist in location Nevada-ll. Yet I can invoke grass65
from that location and display the dem.

   Permissions haven't changed, but something is squirrely.

Confused,

Rich