[GRASS-user] mentor required to help publish a GRASS addon (DEM)

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Tue Jun 7 05:02:29 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS users,

I have been working on automating a technique known as Local Relief Modelling
(see http://www.ag-caa.de/caanlde/paperdownload/hesse.pdf). The process allows
the extraction of microtopographic changes from a DEM (in this case
archaeological remains) and is very useful in areas of large topographic
variation e.g mountain ranges where small scale features are masked by large
shadows in shaded relief models.

I have written and extensively tested a bash script in GRASS 6.4 as part of my
doctoral work and would like to make it publicly available so that other
researchers can access and use this tool. To do this I need a mentor, so I was
wondering if anyone could spare a few hours to help me?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes,

Rebecca Bennett

Postgraduate Researcher (Archaeology Group)
School of Applied Sciences, Bournemouth University