[GRASS-user] Bayesian logic

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 10 06:23:50 EDT 2011

On 10/06/11 10:43, Johannes Radinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking if Bayesian networks are somehow implemented in GRASS
> GIS (raster), e.g. for reclassifying etc.
>
> I found following link:
>
> http://grass.online-mirror.de/gdp/tutorial/grass_info_deu.html
>
> which is stating that that GRASS raster functionallity encompass
> something like an expert system (Bayesian logic)... So I am just
> curious what is meant with that, which tool is providing that?

In light of their mention of an 'expert system' Maybe they refer to [1]
which was never ported to GRASS6. However, I don't think there's much of
Bayesian logic in that. Markus' should be able to tell you.

You might want to check for fuzzy logic application in the mcda suite in
the AddOns [2].

Moritz

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/html_grass5/html/r.infer.html
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#mcda