[GRASS-user] Drivetime Isochrones

RKiTect evan.apostol at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:34:18 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I am new to Grass, and am utilizing it within the QGIS GUI (i am not
familiar with the coding typically associated with Grass). I need to create
a surface reflecting drivetime isochrones from a point on a network. I
understand that i need to use v.net.iso in order to create a isolines from
which i can create a surgface. I am looking for a very BASIC walkthrough on
how to do this, as i am running into issues where the v.net.iso GUI will not
recognize any of my point files (i.e. they are not showing up). I think this
has to do with the fact that i have to use the v.net function in order to
'connect' my point to the network? but i have no idea what that means! any
help will be apprecaited, hopefully keeping any code inputs to a minimum! :)
like i said, i have a network shapefile (roads) and a separate grass
shapefile for my centre point.... from there i am stuck :S

Cheers,