[GRASS-user] Monte Carlo realizations of categorical maps.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:24:02 EDT 2011

Deal all,

I am interested in a module that seems to be discontinued since GRASS 4. It
is called r.random.model and it is used for Monte Carlo realizations of
categorical maps.

I found the reference for this module in the man page of r.random.surface,
more specifically in

http://chuck.ehlschlaeger.info/older/acm/paper.html

Can anybody help me find/use this module or any other GRASS tool that could
achieve similar results?

The overall idea is to generate spatially autocorrelated random realizations
of categorical maps based on a set of probability maps for each category.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marcello Gorini.